Thursday, December 18, 2008

A Time To Give

Hi everybody. It’s been a long time. How have you been? We’ve been swamped by kids and school. And I’ve suffered from a serious lack of initiative or inspiration (a little bit of both, I imagine) to keep up with my writing here.

But my friend Beth has both of those things in spades. And it’s rubbed off on me just a little during this holiday season. I’m hoping a little might rub off on you as well.

Here’s the deal…

As you can read HERE, Beth has an old friend from her days in New England – a fellow named Nick. Nick has fallen upon some hard times lately. I’m not talking about the “Gosh, I don’t know if we can afford to keep buying lattes” hard times. I’m talking the “I’m not sure if we’ll be able to pay these medical bills, keep our house, or remain even moderately healthy” kind of hard times.

If you haven’t already done so, read Nick’s story. Now.

So anyhow, the long and short of it is that Nick’s family is making progress toward their goal, but still need help. I wanted to extend the message to any and all who read this blog with any interest in the hopes that we might be able to help out in some way, no matter how small.

Here’s an address you can send donations should you not be inclined (as I am not inclined) to use PayPal or other online services that require credit cards:

Nick Masi Fund
Saco Biddeford Savings Bank Inst.
252 Main St.
Saco, ME 04072.

I hope this post finds you all well and happy and enjoying the holiday season. You'll be hearing more from me, Nancy and, of course, the incomparable David and Trinity when the new year starts. Until then...

1 comment:

Beth said...

Jonathan, You are the awesomest of all awesome people! You really and truly are! If Karma is doing her job, you and yours are going to have a fantabulous holiday season. Enjoy it!

xoxoxo,
beth